andrewpreece

"rogersmp" wrote in message

Tim Smith Wrote:
Hi there,

According to the manual (and fairly obvious to even my limited
knowledge)
the water pressure needs topping up. The instruictions I have
recommedn
getting a plumber to do this but I dont fancy paying someone good money
do something that is probably straight forward (I have done this on a
boiler
at a previous house). The isntructions dont mention which is the
correct
valve for water inlet.

Can anyone tell me which is the correct valve to open and whether this
could
cause the symptoms I am seeing ?

Thanks

Tim

Funny old thing, I have exactly the same problem. My instructions
reckon there should be a filling line somewhere on the central heating
return line. But I have looked high and low and cannot find on. I was
wondering if there is an auto fill mechanism, but cannot find it. To be
honest the boiler was running ok, but I got a bit nervous running it
when the pressure reads dead zero. Maybe this setup is geared around
getting plumbers more work??

--
rogersmp

Has your filling loop been removed? They are really supposed to be removed
once you've topped up the system. There will still be a connection point on
the coldwater pipe and the CH return ( or flow? ). Some combis have built in
filling loops: my Vaillant has two valves built into the underside of the
casing, it takes two special little keys to open or shut the valves. It's
all very inconspicuous.

Andy.