Set Square

Andy Pandy wrote:

Hi Guys

Sorry to be a pain but I must post this.

I was concrned as i read my last post

(though as i stand on a chair and look at
the fan it is not turning!)

Fan not running but light on!

So i turned boiler aon and as the Fan On Light illuminated I saw the
fan turn a smidge but was obviously struggling. i turned all power off
and manually turned the fan,, it is really stiff and screeches.

Wow it seems that this is the problem but why is the connection of the
pump now tripping the house electricity?

Shall i take it out and wd40 or greese or should I replace?

In my first post I thought that the fan was on simply because the
light said so ,, but now as I have took cover off i can see the fan
not turning.

Andy

Sounds like the 'fan on' light simply means that power is being supplied to
the fan. There is probably another light which comes on when the pressure
switch switches - indicating that the fan is *really* running.

I've not had too much success reviving stuck fans - leave it to the experts
like Geoff, and get one of his re-conditioned units.

To answer the question in your previous post, you can test the pump by
putting a 13A plug on its cable (with a 3A fuse in!) and plugging it into
the ring main. If it's ok, have a close look at the connections in the
boiler - you might just have disturbed something and caused a short in the
pump department.

--
Cheers,
Set Square