NSM

"electroninja" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Ref your questions Sam:
| Q. Does it do the same thing if set to defrost..
| A. Yes, will run longer in the cycle but eventually shutsdown
| Q. Can it be restarted immediately?
| A. Yes, I can hit the start button and the cycle replicates as many
| times as I restart-ie runs 40 seconds and shutsdown
| Q. How is the behavior different than if the STOP button was pressed
| A. No difference
| Q. Isn't the fan simply on the AC line so how would its speed change?
| A. Looks like an AC fan--speeds up only on first cycle--otherwise runs
| at top speed. Blade turns freely--no obstructions--low ohms on the
| coil--can sub another fan from a different brand if appropiate--your
| thoughts

Sounds a bit like an overheat situation. If the fan really is 120V and not
speed controlled then I'd be looking for burnt wiring in the AC input
system.

However, I have a Panasonic doing much the same things. Pulled it apart and
found the main MOV across the AC line was shooting flames out of the top!
Then I noticed that the main power transistor (this is a inverter machine)
has a big crack through the body. Only uWave I ever bought that failed on
me.