Franc Zabkar

On 05 Jan 2005 16:19:20 GMT, (WayneSallee.com) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

My telephone disconects on the first ring.
Sometimes it's the second or third ring, but it's shorting out on the ring.
What usualy causes this? so that I can fix it.

Disable your phone's ringer circuit by desoldering one pin of the 1uF
or 0.47uF 250VAC cap in that area. Call the phone using your mobile.
You won't hear it ring, but if your phone stays alive, then the
problem is somewhere in its ringer circuit, probably a "ring detect"
IC. These ICs contain the bridge rectifier alluded to in my other
post.

- Franc Zabkar