Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:25:47 GMT, (Bob
Archambault) put finger to keyboard and composed:

Frank Adam wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:25:22 GMT,
wrote:

NL 60T8-B

Can some one please tell me:

A) What type of lamp this is? -and-

Something like this ?
http://tinyurl.com/4ydfg

Actually, no. What you are showing me is just a basic neon
bulb. That wouldn't have nearly enough brightness to
adequately illuminate the display. My lamp is over
three inches long (3 1/4") and has an internal coating
somewhat similar to a fluorescent tube.

Could it be a white neon lamp?
http://members.misty.com/don/oddbulb.html#ne2g

"These resemble neon lamps, but have a white phosphor coated onto the
inside surface of the bulb. This phosphor glows green, blue, white or
some kind of 'warm white'."

Here is my WAG at the meaning of the part number:

NL = neon lamp
60 = 60VAC striking voltage
T8 = 8mm dia = 5/16"

Can you see a resistor in series with the lamp supply? Is the 230VAC
generated by an inverter? Can you measure the frequency of the supply?

- Franc Zabkar