Andy Cuffe

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:19:50 -0600, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

I'm not finding this info on this model. I guess you tried the "channel-up"
or "channel down" while plugging in, this changes tuning steps on some Sony
models.
A Yamaha receiver I worked on did this - it was a bad micro, since the
tuning region options were hard-wired with jumpers.

Mark Z.

It turned out to be caused by a bad memory backup cap. Removing the
old one was enough to reset it to US tuning mode. Installing a new
one has it working as it should. I guess the voltage was low enough
to corrupt the memory, but not low enough to reset it.

Andy Cuffe