Sam Goldwasser

"electroninja" writes:

Sharp Model R1810 Carousel II microwave starts and cooks(heats) but
shutsdown after about 40 seconds. Electronic control board display
stays lit, countdown stops and displays remaining time--magnetron
cooling fan works during the first 40 seconds but then shutsoff--just
before shutdown, fan speed increases(doubling or tripling in speed)
These items seemed to check out good with VOM--
power fuse
interlock switches (2)
monitor switch
capacitor
diode
thermal cutout switch(only found one)
fan motor
power tranformer

Does it do the same thing if set to defrost so that the magnetron only
runs for a few seconds/30 seconds?

Can it be restarted immediately?

How is the behavior different than if the STOP button was presssed
(maybe aside from the fan speed)?

Isn't the fan simply on the AC line so how would its speed change?
Or, is it a multispeed fan?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Additional trouble shooting note--a power surge protector I had plugged
the microwave into was discovered fried--suspect a near by lightning
strike?

Read an informative article by Sam Goldwasser-- "NOTES ON MICROWAVE
OVEN FAILURE DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR v1.01" but need more help. Thanks