Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike W." wrote in message
Im just curious to see people's projects (on their websites) who have a
contractor style saw.
Post a link to your site if you have one with pics of projects done with
your contractor saw... and tell me what kind of saw it is if its not
posted.

Thanks a ton.

Muck of what is on my site was done with a cheap Craftsman direct drive saw.
I now have a Delta contractor's saw with Biesemeyer fence.

Don't ever think you need the most expensive saw made. The more you spend,
the more power, the larger the right side tableboard, heavier, etc. If you
have the money, go for it.. If you don't, buy what you can afford.

With my old cheap saw, I had to set the fence and measure in two spots to be
sure it was lined up properly. With a better fence, I move it to the cursor
and lock it. I KNOW it will be that dimension.

My opinion? If you buy a $200 to $400 saw, you are going to want to upgrade
in a year or two if your skills are decent. For $401 to maybe $600 or so,
you may be happy for years. If you spend $800 and up, you will be happy
with the saw and fence for the rest of your life, even if you are young.

One day I'll even update my web page to reflect new and bigger projects.
All with a contractor saw.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/