Leon

"damian penney" wrote in message
oups.com...
I read in my Building Kitchen Cabinets book that the face frame should
be aligned so that it's flush with the inside bottom of the case.
However looking around Home Expo all their cabinets have about a 1/4"
lip between the face frame and the cabinet bottom (and it's like that
in our current cabinets). Thoughts ?

Think about it this way.

1. If you spill something in the cabinet, would it not be easier to wipe or
sweep it out over a flush edge than a raised edge?
2. Does it seem that a flush fit would be harder and require greater
expertise than having a lip?

Expo does have some decent stuff but it will never compare to well thought
out and well built cabinets.