Mike in Mystic

Hi Cliff,

I would do it just as Jason did - use a mortiser to make the mortises, and a
then use a tenoning jig to form tenons on the slats. Other than that, the
construction was actually a piece of cake. Jason's website should give you
a lot of clues as to the steps involved.

Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
Mike - I was thinking the same thing about the filler blocks myself!!
I was wondering if it was designed that why for simplicity since it's
marketted as 'shop test and success guaranteed'. Otherwise you are
looking at a LOT of moritses. Were you thinking of doing loose tenons
are were you planning on a different way? Any other tips/suggestions
about this crib plan would be appreciated! I'm tuning up all my gear
and the maple has been acclimating for nearly two weeks now. I also
have some hand-me-down cherry I plan on using for the contrasting
pieces.

-Cliff