Chris O

Default Extending CH to loft conversion

My loft room is only 2m high at the highest point. The header tank is in
there as high as it can go and the new rad in there works fine. Kept my
existing (12year old) boiler and the whole CH system works well still. My
builder was against putting in a combi system as he reckoned I would
probably get leaks elsewhere due to the increased pressure and (not
unreasonably) he wasn't prepared to be responsible for fixing existing
pipework. I certainly didn't see any point in replacing everything to avoid
that.

Chris O
_____________________________________________---
"Ben Freeman" wrote in message
om...
I've just been chatting to a loft conversion company about loft
conversions and they seem to be of the opinion that I shouldn't try
and extend my open pumped CH system to the loft - but as far as I can
see all I need to do is raise the header tank to be above the loft
rads (all be it not by much) and it should just work.

Has anyone done this - does it work efficiently?

The builder seems to favour scrapping my perfectly functional boiler
and going for a new combi sealed system - which seems to me rather
over the top.

Thanks,

Ben