On 6 Jan 2005 06:41:47 -0800, "Mikepier"
wrote:

It could be that the circuits upstairs are fed by a non-armored cable
at some point. You could replace the breaker on that circuit with a
GFCI breaker. That's what I did in my house because I have non-ground
romex. I replaced the 2 prong outlets to 3 prong and put in GFCI
breakers Most states approve this method and is code, plus you'll have
protection now .

Code also requires you to mark each outlet as no equipment grounding
provided, or something like that. Was there an official inspection,
and how did they require this marking?

thank you,

tom @ www.URLBee.com