Jason Weis

I just finished this same crib (out of cherry) in July. (Two months to
spare before my first daughter was born in September. The changing
table was a different story...) Since I had a few friends and
relatives who wanted updates on the progress, I took quite a few photos
of the process and put a basic web page together for the project:
http://www.sjwoodworking.com/crib.htm

I was not a fan of the filler blocks, so I went with "real" mortise and
tenon joints. I didn't have a tenon jig at the time, so I cut the
tenons with a dado blade. This project was the justification to buy my
Delta mortiser. It really didn't take too long to cut the mortises and
tenons, but the hard part was getting all of the tenons lined up during
the glue-up process.

I am pleased with the finished results, and I haven't heard any
complaints from my daughter yet!

-Jason