John

"Andy Pandy" wrote in message

Wow it gets better

I have taken the front cover off and have removed contol panel and
have eased the PCB out.

Every time i have been turning power on at FCU then the power has
tripped in the house. (only since this morning)

I have checked on price PCB ( one or two places, new and
reconditioned)

If you do need spares, have a word with Geoff at
http://www.cetltd.com/default.asp

Thanks set square.

I have checked all wires and pipes to the pressure switch.

My situation is now this. i do not know for sure that it is the PCB so
have tried one or two things to eliminate the fcu , clock, etc (easy
stuff but none the less).

I now arrive at this.

I have taken the plug connector out of the PCB that takes a live ,
neutral and earth to the pump (so totaly isolating pump) and now when
I put FCU on at switch, the electricity does not trip at the consumer
unit.
When I then turn the control knob the same lights as before come on ie
Boiler light and Fan light (though as i stand on a chair and look at
the fan it is not turning!)

So im back to my original position as my first post only yesterday i
was at this position without the need to isolate the pump to maintain
electricity to the house.

Is this indicative of a pump problem that got worse over night ?

Sure looks that way

Is ther a test for the pump that I may do (maybe plug into socket on
ring (L,N,E and see if consumer trips or pump works?)

There is if you have a length of 3 core flex and a plug with 3 amp fuse. It
would be better to test the insulation with a megger but if you haven't got
one

is there a way to test the PCB without actually buying another one.

If the pump is your problem you might not need to