Leon

"dot" "bml_in_co(at)yahoo(dot)com" wrote in message
I just received the PC 4212 as a belated Christmas present tonight from
SWMBO.

My old hand-me-down Craftsman 1/4" collet router is not going to work with
this thing (the included router bits are 1/2" shank, and my sub-base
doesn't accept 1 3/8" template guides). THE BIG QUESTION: What router
(generally or specifically) should I purchase?

At least 1.5 hp. That said, I have been making DT's with a router since the
early 80's. Untill I bought a router that was EASILY adjustable in very
small repeatable increments the bit depth setting was a PIA escecially for
Blind DT's. 6 years ago I bought the Bosch 1617EVS. It very easily adjusts
in coarse or fine increments and has variable speed. I suggest a router
that has similar capabilities.