al

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:41d9655d$0$14599$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-
I watched carefully last time I had some stairs carpeted. You have one
gripper on the back of the tread, and another at the base of the riser.
The underlay is cut into a section to cover the tread and then flop over
the front and down the riser to the next gripper. They then staple it in
place

Pretty sure I know what you mean - anyone got any pictures of the bare
stairs before carpeting? Also, do you need to leave any gap from the
wall/stair face to the gripper or just nail it in plush? Ditto with the
corners.

Also, with the grippers - do you have to buy them to the same height as your
underlay or are they standard regardless of the underlay depth?