Andy Hall

Default Towel Radiator with Microbore

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:40:22 +0000 (UTC), "Charles Middleton"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

snip

The lockshield valve is the one which you don't use to turn the
radiator on and off or isn't the TRV.

snip

Ok I know what you mean now. Thanks.

snip

The first is the spur. This is OK, as long as the socket is not
already a spur and that you have a fused connection unit with 13A (or
less) fuse somewhere before the heater, but see note on position
below.)

The socket I am talking about is not on a spur and is part of the ring so
this is ok. As the socket is on the landing, I plan to take a spur from the
socket into a fused switch (one that has a indication light on it as well)
and this will also be mounted in the landing, above the original socket I
have spurred from. I then plan to run cable (can you advise on type?)
through the wall into the bathroom.

What I'm not clear on is what fitting is any will be needed to allow the
cable through the wall where it will then run into the radiator.

This would be a cable outlet, but you need to read through the rules -
it depends on location.

For the wiring to the rail, use a heat resistant PVC type.

Also these
are partitions not load bearing walls so I also presume I need some sort of
back box in which to mount the switch. Ill have a browse on TLC for that.

A dry lining box

http://tinyurl.com/ysbes

The second is location of outlets and switches in a bathroom.
Nowadays this is all defined by distance zones relative to baths and
showers.

I dont think this will be a problem as the switch will be outside the
bathroom.

Be careful. Read through all the rules.

Cheers,

CM.