h2

hi group, thanx for the replies, anyone have any suggestions as to the
parts of the oven control that would probably be damaged (Kenmore
stove #66575029)? by the way, that whole house surge protection
sounds like a great idea

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:33:14 GMT, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:

It sounds like you get really fried by a power surge.

You may want to start by contacting your insurance company or at
least
read your policy to see if you may be covered.

Each of the items you listed are likely to require repair or
replacement.

I suggest you consider getting whole house surge protection and
then
some point source protection for the more expensive and sensitive
items.

I have had only one power surge damage and I do have whole house
protection and some point source protection. The one item I had
damaged was
my A/C unit that was just a few feet away from the spot on the ground
where
the lightning hit. That was very close to my home. I consider myself
lucky
and the repair was very cheap, it damaged a small circuit board that
was not
really needed.

Hi group,
Our house had a power failure, local pole struck by lighting or
something. after power was restored most electronics in the house
came back on, tv's, refrigerator, clocks &ct. our cable boxes appear
to be shot but more importantly, our over the range microwave
(Whirlpool) and stove (Kenmore #66575029) seem to have problems.

pax,
h2