Travis Jordan

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

It was wired around. It was the delay circuit to keep the
compressor from restarting after a short interrupt. My thermostat
also does the same thing so it was not needed. However the way it
was damaged, it locked out the compressor all the time.

Thanks for the info, Joseph...I've got one of those on my old
Carrier 'round' too.

Mine is a Carrier as well, about 11 years old now and I am
expecting to need replacement the next time it has a problem. I'll
take that opportunity to upgrade a few things.

I replaced one of my two 18 year old Carrier HPs with a Trane XR12 and VS
air handler, and I'm very pleased with the results. The 2.5T XR12 scroll
condenser is sure a lot quieter than the old recip system. I measured power
consumption of the (supposedly 8.0 SEER) Carrier at 3624 watts and the new
(13.0 SEER ARI rated) Trane at 2160 watts. These numbers include the air
hander power usage.