I have the Insinkerator model which I bought at HD about 4 years ago.
The previous one lasted about 12 years before developing a leak. This
one stopped working shortly after the warranty expired. I took it
apart and found it was the high temp fuse that had opened. Called up
for a part, turns out they were well aware of this being a problem with
it failing and had a repair kit they replaced the high temp cut out
with a different type design. Wound up costing my like $25 bucks. I
think they should have provided the kit for free, since it was an
obvious design flaw.

Anyway, whatever model you get, I highly recommend them. Once you have
it, you really like the convenience. I use it for instant coffee and
tea. If I'm in a hurry to make something like pasta, I even use it for
the hot water for filling the pot, before putting it on the stove.