Joe Gorman

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
s wrote:

primer.
sand.
caulk.
primer.
sand.
paint.
sand.
paint.

Yup.. that's the schedule. The only thing I would add to that is
thinning the first primer so it becomes (as my professional painter
buddy taught me) a '**** coat' (He is oh-so eloquent.) Thinned as much
as 20%, so it soaks in nice and deep, then a full strength primer on top
after a day or so...then the rest of the schedule.
Sponge sanding blocks are cool. medium one side, fine on the other.
Watch out for big slivers shooting through those sponge blocks and
accordioning into the index finger requiring surgery. DAMHIKT.

0?0

Buy one of those caulk fingers to give you a clean caulk line.
They look like a piece of square tubing with one end cut at an
angle to fit into a corner. They do a wonderful job. Cut the
smallest hole you can in the caulking tube, practice on scrap of
course, as the caulk finger removes way more caulk than you'd
believe and leaves a neat joint that I've never sanded.
Joe