TURTLE

"Dominique Cormann" wrote in message
news:MPG.1c44574d3d1c636c9896f7@nntp...
In article ,
says...

This is Turtle.

I like your theory on Octane rating being different for Gasohaol and regular
gas
and you need to discuss this with the DOT of your state and have them change
the
Octane rating to reflect the less power from Alcohol gas than regular
unleaded
gas. I think they would be interesed in your theory here.

TURTLE

You need to look up what octane means.

It is the resistance to ignition value. It is NOT the amount of energy
per volume.

This is Turtle.

I don't study gas as a hobby but if the octane rating was all the same as you
say here. I could run 87 octane gas in my Lexus LS-400 and not have to burn the
93 octane fuel. I can fill it with 87 Octane fuel and it don't knock but a
turtle could out run me with it in the car. I put the 93 in it and it hauls ass.
I look at what it does and not what it is suppose to prevent or prevent it from
knocking.

TURTLE