jay

I suspect this is the way they were designed. I have a similar problem (60
second warm up time) on some energy saver flourescent floodlights I got at
Home Depot and those take up to a minute to achieve full brightness even
though the non-floodlight energy saver bulbs from Home Depot turn on
instantly at virtually full brightness. It is annoying how the floodlights
start out so darned dim and then require a minute of warm up time before
they're at a full level of brighness. It is even more annoying when the
package says "quick start technology" on it (if this is quick, then I'd hate
to find out what slow is)

Jay

I bought 5 60 watt flourescent lights that emit about 11 watts from Ikea.
purchased the decorative ones.

Inside the circular case you can see 3 "loops". It appears that 2 of them
turn on instantly, and the other one can take up to a minute to turn on.
Therefore, it takes about a minute for the room to completely light. It
occurs on all 5 lights. I bought 3 packages of 2, for a total of 6.

I have other non-decorate flourescent lights in my hosue I got from Home
Depot that are low wattage that light up instantly.

Is this normal? It's bearable, yet annoying. I'd rather not return them
unless I know if I buy another brand it will be better.