TURTLE

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:46ZCd.23502$152.905@trndny01...

"TURTLE" wrote in message

When the customer base goes with the lowest bidder it calls for 2 X the
people needed to keep the equipment running down the road. Thank the Lord for
Hacks and Low Bidders.

TURTLE

The old rule of thumb is "get three quotes". If, and that is a big IF, you
know the contractor, his reputation, and maybe did work with him, you don't
need three quotes.

I have a plumber, electrician, welder that I can call and give them a job. I
don't usually ask the price because I have a feel for it and I know they do
good work, fast, and show up. Fair price and we pay them on time. Typical
homeowner does not have that luxury.

This is Turtle.

Just about every do it yourselfers will have to get 3 bids for they don't do
business with any of the crafts and have to search green with no hint as to what
prices are. I have a electrician , Plumber, and Carpentner and all three sub
contract to me in my HVAC business and we have a business relationship already.
The Do it yourselfers are just lost when tring to bid out a job for price is all
they have to go by.

TURTLE