SpamFree

Murray Peterson wrote:

SpamFree wrote in
:

The principle though (of height of shower outlet) is of maximum
importance. It's amazing what even an inch up or down can do. For
children the answer is multiple level shower heads with the desired
one chosen by opening and closing tile stops. (More valves! g)

Why not just buy a European style slide bar, with the shower nozzle on the
end of a 5 foot hose? The slide bar allows the head to be infinitely
adjusted over a 2-3 foot height range, and the hose allows you to use it
directly on your pet dog (or the bottom of your feet :-).

There are woodworking tools that perform the function of table saw,
shaper, jointer, plane, etc and probably make coffee when not
otherwise occupied but most of us don't use them. We have dedicated
function machines mostly because the set up time and effort each time
you want to change the job of the multi-function tool is too much. So
it goes here.

Imagine a six year old struggling to re-position that shower head;
even I'd have a problem and I'm sure my wife would just throw up her
hands in horror and insist on an immediate change. Maybe those sliding
showers are OK where the users are all young adults but not for kids
or those of us who require instruction manuals for single lever
faucets (see my other post).

As to the other items these require different heads and to be in
operation concurrently with the main shower (maybe the dog doesn't but
I don't think he's even a candidate for my shower due to his claws).
For ex: the intimate area washing head should produce a stream similar
to a kitchen faucet (this is the sort of stream bidets produce) and
needs to be at a lower temperature than the main shower. Your
shoulders can take a lot more heat than your...er, unmentionables.

The feet washer isn't exactly for washing and isn't really a shower.
The purpose is to soak your toenails preparatory to cutting them,
something shower-only people give short shrift too. I don't really
know how to do this but someone must have figured it out (wishful
thinking perhaps?).