SpamFree

"Doug Kanter" wrote:

"SpamFree" wrote in message
.. .

Lever types (especially singles) are not obvious in function, at least
to me. The first time I saw one (in a hotel somewhere) I asked for an
instruction manual.

Up until this point, I appreciated your goals. But now, I'm wondering if you
iron your socks.

LOL! No I don't iron my socks or anything at all for that matter
(after I get through with the shower I'll redesign the functionality
of the laundry).

The single lever faucet is not so easy to understand. How can a single
lever control both the heat of the water and its flow (cfm)? Is there
some nanny deciding what temperature water I should shower in? If I
take too much hot the great-nanny-in-the-sky will come along and say
"You have to eat the cake too, not just the icing" or in this case
"Here's some cold to give some pain with your pleasure." In fact,
depending on water flow this does really happen. I want more water so
I push the lever all the way to the left but that then makes the water
too hot. How do I get more water without increasing or decreasing the
temperature? Yeah, I know now--change the shower head--but it's not so
obvious especially the first time you see one.