Hamilton Audio

"Ross Mac" wrote in message

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
news:nPGCd.695239$Pl.480658@pd7tw1no...
I fixed one of these things that had a bad switch too. Luckily the switch
was DPST so I could just move the wires over to the other side. Ringing
out the switch won't help if it's intermittant unless you get lucky and
catch it acting up....good luck, Ross

Well its obvious. I've replaced the tstat with a new digital piece, and
have directly wired the low-voltage control wires right
to the gas valve (no high limit switch or anything else) and it is operating
flawlessly. MUCH better than before, cycling properly
to maintain 70 deg, etc. Very happy with it.

My last issue is now a matter of sourcing parts - its a GTI unit (heat n
glow) but in speaking with their tech line today, they can't seem
to find record of the model number I have Also, the plate with the
serial number has been painted over black, so I can't read it. Grrr.

Phoning to local dealers, there are many types of high limit switches, all
of which are denoted by their cutout and cut-in temps, neither of which
I can determine because the part number I have for it doesn't seem to exist
with the mfg. Clearly its a safety device I want functioning.....but I
get the feeling its going to be a pain....

bmoney