SJP

Well, if I had a clue, why would I be asking in USENET?

Is 15 years about how long these things last? I was hoping there was some
'corrosion buildup' or something simple that I could correct...

I will call a plumber first thing tomorrow, thanks...

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:11:46 -0500, "SJP" wrote:

Hi, lately it seems as though there's barely enough hot water to take a
shower. I went downstairs to observe the hot water heater...

-There's no sign that the water heater has 'blown up' like seems to happen
whenever my dad's water heater expires
-The heater has the date 1990 on it, which I presume to be it's
installation
date.
-The heater is natural gas. I didn't notice any smell...
-The heater was warm to the touch
-It hasn't been very cold here lately.

Do these things just fade away? Or do they always go out with a bang?
How
do I assess the situation?

Thanks
Steve

Open the yellow pages and pick up your phone with your other hand. You
obviously dont have a clue, your water heater is 15 yrs old and you
dont need to hurt yourself or anyone else.
Call A Plumber,...........NOW!
Bubba