Hamilton Audio

"Kevin Ricks" wrote in message
om...

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
news:nPGCd.695239$Pl.480658@pd7tw1no...
I am having the similar intermittant problems with my gas fireplace. I
found that the switch is bad. My system has a standard 120V wall switch
connectected to the low voltage wiring system. I don't know why but the
switch does not seem to last very long. My guess is that there is more
carbon build up from the different characteristics of the low voltage.
Maybe larger arcing when the switch is thrown on or off?
Doesn't your T-stat have an off position that you can use instead of the
series switch?
Kevin

I've replaced the old swing-type (mercury tilt) tstat with a brand new
digitally driven piece. It does have
heat/off/cool settings on it, and they work properly. However, there is a
dual switch panel right at the
doorway into the rec room - one for the lights and one for the fireplace.
its just so easy to make sure
both are off with the swat of the hand....

I've not had any problems whatsoever with the wall switch. In fact, the
total series resistance of the low
voltage trigger wires and the switch together is less than 1 ohm over the
total run. The bad tstat, however, was
over 7 ohms

bmoney