Hamilton Audio

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:cHJCd.712390$%k.115273@pd7tw2no...
Hi,
Don't forget the interlock switch on the glass front.
I have two gas fire places in my house. There is interlock switch.
If glass front is removed, the switch triggers preventing gas ignition.
Wires are heat resistant kind.
Tony
(Calgary)

there was not microswitch on the glass door, even tho the installation
manual says there should be one. In reading the installation
guide, I zoned in on the clearances section. 1/2" to the left and right,
and 0" below the unit are allowable tolerances to combustible
materials.

I've been running the fireplace now for about 3 hours continuously and the
compartment below barely gets luke warm, which would confirm the
0" clearance on the bottom.

thanks for the input!