Ian White

Dave Plowman wrote:

At the end of my benches, I've got a similar design, but at desk
height, which runs under the window. This is my electronics area where
I'll be sitting down. Can't abide using a high typist's type chair at a
standard height bench.

As well as the stand-up bench made from kitchen units, I do have a
separate sitting-down electronics area with a much lower bench.
Obviously it is better to have both, if there's space.

But if limited to only one option (as the OP seemed to be, by the room
layout) it would have to be the higher bench, with a higher chair for
sitting-down work.

Personally, I wouldn't go for a sitting-down bench facing into the bay
window - not even if that was possible as well as the stand-up bench.
BTDT, and retreated with severe eye-strain from having *too much* light
in the daytime. Facing a window also severely limits the opportunities
for over-bench shelving, which is particularly useful for electronics
work.

--
Ian White
Abingdon, England