effi

wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw Consumer report magazine rates Kilz highly on the 3rd spot in an
issue in Sept 2004 (I guess).

who were #1. and #2.?

Therefore, I decided to go with Kilz instead of Behr.

interestingly, kilz
http://www.masco.com/our_companies/masterchem.html
and behr
http://www.masco.com/our_companies/behr.html
are both owned by masco corp, which also owns (see referenced page)
http://www.masco.com/our_companies/index.html

Since then, I
have painted over 4 large rooms using Kilz, and the results is
pleasantly good. I really just need one coat of paint (light-taupe,
light-yellow, and cream-light-pink) to cover my walls where there were
a few spots of dirt-brown , and dark brown due to metal scratches.

Due to an offer by American Traditions (AT) in summer 2004, I bought 5
gallons of variety of AT interior paints, mainly light colors as well.
I recently tried one cream orange on 2 parts of my wall, and I was
disappoited that it was sooo dilute. I really need to paint my interior
wall twice to get the full color. Also, part of the walls have primer
on; AT really needs 2 coat so that the primer will not bleed through.
However, by using Kilz, I just need 1 coat. I painted 2 walls in AT, 2
walls in Kilz.

We have no experience when started painting. Cutting corners is a
difficult task for us, especially when using AT, I need to cut the
corners twice! Kilz really helps!