On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:07:13 GMT, "calhoun"
wrote:

"Jim Hunter" wrote in message
Is it common to sand the OSB before laying the finished floor?

If the osb has seen a lot of water during construction than it may swell. It
will then need to be sanded flat. Not common if the building is closed in a
timley fasion.

Not to contradict, but to add, plywood will too and often worse with
the layers seperating since sanding will not help.

"Shannon Pate" wrote in message
Top Notch is a premium OSB subflooring. I have alternated between
Advantec and Top Notch for the past couple of years. Personally, I
prefer the Top Notch product. It is very heavy, dense, and stiff. It
has drainage notches in the tongue so water cannot stand on the floor
during construction. And it won't need to be sanded prior to the
installation of finish flooring.

Oh, by the way, it costs a lot more than plywood...

Shannon Pate

"TN" wrote in message
My builder wants to use Lousiana Pacific Top-notch OSB for the
subflooring in our new house. I haven't heard much about the product,
can anyone shed some light (pros/cons) to using it?
Thanks!

later,

tom @ www.URLBee.com