mrcheerful

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
Anyone ever built a geodesic dome ? (quite big!)
Any advice to offer ?

Requirement is for once-a-year assembly, short use, and then on-site
storage for the remainder. So it needs to dismantle and re-assemble,
but doesn't need to be especially portable or robust. Budget is of
course negligible.

I never thought I'd get to use the phrase "I think you should build a
yurt instead, it's so much more practical", but this seems to be
fitting the bill !

Plenty of info on the net. You need to find a supplier of free wood. Short
bits only are needed for the frame of each piece, so hopefully there must be
someone to whom the short bits are useless. The covering for each section
again can be offcuts, but I would expect availability to be less.

mrcheerful