IMM

Default Condensing Boiler problems

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
cash. I mentioned that I was interested in the condensing boiler as a
replacement, which he said in all honesty that BG are "recalling" and
"replacing" condensing boilers because of reliability issues.

Oh dear. Another Luddite installer who harks back to the cast iron heaps

of
**** that have been installed since time immemorial. Yes, many of the

early
condensing boilers were bad. Things have moved on. Modern condensing

boilers
aren't "new technology" any more. They're on their third generation and no
less reliable than modern non-condensing boilers.

The only problem with the EcoMax 824 is that it won't fill a bath any time
soon. Still good for showers, if that's your thing (much better than any
gravity fed traditional system). If you are a bath a day type, consider
getting a non-combi system, or you'll spend your life watching the dribble
out of the tap.

More misinformation. There are high flow rate combi's that will fill a bath
zippo.