Edwin Pawlowski

"Andy Leavens" wrote in message
Hi I am wondering if it would be possible to make a food warmer, something
along the lines of this http://www.sicoinc.com/solid_fuel_food_warmer.php
but in wood? It is for my church, we put on a meal once a month but most
warmers run from $500 and up, the kick is I need to be able to have a
constant temp. inside of 140 deg.

any help would be appreciated.

Andy

You can probably do it, but the Board of Health will shut you down. If it
is not stainless steel or an approved plastic, it is not allowed in food
service. No room for negotiation on important food safety rules. It most
be capable of being washed down and sanitized. Wood, even with coatings,
will not qualify.

Check for used equipment from a restaurant supply house.