Tim Douglass

On 5 Jan 2005 16:46:31 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

I think I got something like 5 bucks a piece for aged, used, 8" floppies.
About half of what they were worth when new, but a whole lot more
than they're worth for any other reason. Purely a supply:demand situation.

Stuff's only worth what you can get for it. When the company I worked
for closed out a product line many years ago (software) we dumped all
the old masters. Some of the variations ran 40 5 1/4" floppies (Apple
II). We had different master for each system and often had both
double-sided and single-sided sets for the same thing. They were also
all duplicated in 3 1/2" disks (again often both single and
double-sided). The upshot was that we almost filled and entire
dumpster with nothing but disks - probably more than 10,000 all told.
The guy with the garbage company actually called the office to make
sure he was supposed to be dumping all that stuff.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com