Martin H. Eastburn

Todd Rich wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
(snip)

Someday a super metal will be found. Today we have good and great metals.
[ Yes transparent Al is already here. It is a ceramic material. ]
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

Actually, that is alumina, not aluminum.

Alumina is the basic ore. I'm speaking of far more exotic material
that was manufactured and designed by Sandia Labs. Throw a switch and it
the large sheet is now clear as glass - throw it in reverse and it is opaque.
Not Alumina:

Any of several forms of aluminum oxide, Al2O3, occurring naturally as corundum,
in a hydrated form in bauxite, and with various impurities as ruby, sapphire,
and emery, used in aluminum production and in abrasives, refractories,
ceramics, and electrical insulation. Also called aluminum oxide.

Martin