Martin H. Eastburn

Craig wrote:

I do not have a surround sound system- yet, I may get a wild hair up my
ass to buy one someday, and do not want to shaft myself now when I have
the access to install wires. Does the cable splitter reduce quality
when only one set is hooked to it? There will never be more than that,
Im just doing that to change the living room around for the wife( and
so I do not have to keep listening to hear gripe about NOT being able
to move the TV!!).
I will stay away from RCA jacks, thanks for the info
Is "Monster Cable" the name brand or does it just make refrence
to the size of 12ga.? The "binding posts" just have a hole in them with
a threaded barrel to hold the wire in place correct? Sounds rugged.
Will any 12ga. stranded cooper wire work? Or does it have to be
speaker wire? What is the diff. other than speaker wire has th two
wires side by side?

Thanks for all the help
Craig

These systems don't require splitting. The main wire from the pole/Dish-LNA
goes to the "set top box" and the output of it - either F wire (coax) or several
other high tech cable sets are then sent to the S. Sound System. From it (that
contains RF relays and other goodies) a cable F,or a set of several other signals
is sent to TV, Another to the Tape system and so on... It is well documented.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer