Peter Ashby

Default Making a ruin into something habitable.

In article ,
Richard Caley MY_FIRST_NAME @ MY_LAST_NAME.org.uk wrote:

It's called civilisation. People will pay and put up with the various
drawbacks of different kinds of building to have access to whichever
bits of civilisation they value.

Like proximity to the right school, beach and interesting local shops
(guilty on all three counts). Exactly the same house as ours was about
20% cheaper in other areas of the city so we paid the premium for the
things we valued. We would have preferred an older, 4 bedroom property
further down the hill with some 'character'. But no way could we have
stretched to the purchase price at the time, so we make do with smallish
3 bedrooms and concrete sectional garage to enjoy the premiums anyway.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.