Tony Bryer

Default Condensing Boiler problems

In article , Mika
wrote:
I mentioned that I was interested in the condensing boiler as a
replacement, which he said in all honesty that BG are "recalling"
and "replacing" condensing boilers because of reliability issues.

If he's talking about Potterton Envoys this could be true.
Otherwise condensing boilers that use the downfiring design should
be more reliable as they are effectively self cleansing

He also mentioned that the "Part L" regs will be extended for
another 3 years, so new dwellings will not be required until
2007, not the April 2005 the goverment has publicised.

The Northern Ireland Part F (aka Part L in E&W) consultation paper
published last month confirms the intention to enforce the April
2005 date and states that they intend to do the same in NI.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm