Mike

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
It "might" have some effect if everyone emailed their MP and our

illustrious
PM and his babbling deputy. Its easy enough and at least lets them

know
everyone isn't just rolling over to play dead even if no effect is the
outcome.

Don't we just have to give the building contol people 48 hours notice?
Can't we designate a day in March, say, as Part P day and all do our
notifiable work on the day, causing complete meltdown of the

inspectors?

Do you really think any of these departments are ready for part P at all?
I gather many of their staff have the same view of it as us.

Has anyone tried to notify them of work yet...?
My reading of the regs is that your only obligation was to notify them -

didn't say anything about
paying fees, co-operating, or even saying what was to be done.....

Notifying them involves a fee unforunately and they will ask "for plans of
what you are doing". Presumably that means some form of diagram.

Is it legally possible for BCOs to just say ' OK, fine' without actually

doing anything...?

If he's confident you are doing it properly then yes. If not then he can
ask for calculations (you pay) or testing (he pays out of your fee - at
least in theory)