Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
My understanding is that the energy saved while the temperature drops
is roughly equal to the energy necessary to reheat to the original
temp. The savings comes from the energy saved during the time in
between the drop and the rise. So, if I'm hitting the minimum temp at
about the time I have to reheat, I should be able to start my temp drop
earlier to increase the time the temperature is at its lowest level as
we sleep and increase the (low energy) time that the temperature is not
maintained at peak levels.

Dave

OK, now it makes sense. As the temperature differential increases, so does
the rate of heat flow. Maintaining a lower temperature longer will amount
to greater savings.