Toby Sleigh

Default Kitchen Refit - Moving Aga

"Colin" wrote in message
Hi,

Not quite DIY, but as a direct side-effect...

Due to an imminent kitchen refit, I was contemplating moving an oil-fired
Aga 1 foot to the left. It is currently on a small concrete plinth and the
flue goes directly from the top of the stove into the chimney breast.

Has anyone ever experienced moving one? I guess that they are quite heavy.

Should I get a professional in? If so, any idea how much it would cost?

How
would I locate someone who could do it?

Colin

If you extend the concrete plinth first, EXACTLY level with existing, then
whole lot could be slid sideways. It is all built up from a base plate so
will slide as a unit. ( Assuming disconnect flue, oven vent & oil feed
first). It weighs 406Kg ( or 584Kg if 4 oven ) so don't think about lifting
it or jacking up one end.
I suspect any quotes you get from proper AGA fitters will cost more than a
complete stainless steel range or more. If they aren't proper AGA fitters
then the whole enterprise could be more fraught than you doing it yourself.
Toby