Set Square

Andy Pandy wrote:

Hi all

Hope some one can help.

I came home tonight after work to find that my Baxi Solo 3 40 PF is
not working.

I switched off at the wall for a few mins and turned the knob on the
boiler to off.

Then with CH & HW set to continuous i turned heating on at FCU and
turned knob on front of boiler.

Boiler light came on.
Fan light came on

But Pilot and Burner light stayed off.

Is there anything I can do before calling a heating engineer.

Thanks

Andy

Depends how competent you are. You should find a diagnostic chart on the
back of the removeable panel at the bottom of the boiler. Work through that
to see where it leads you. It sounds as if the pressure switch may have
failed. This detects that the fan is running, and stops the boiler firing if
it isn't. make sure that the pipes and electrical connections going to the
pressure switch are ok. But see where the diagnostic chart leads you - it
will tell you how to interpret the little LED indicator lights.
--
Cheers,
Set Square