Jerry Built

Default Kitchen Refit - Moving Aga

Colin wrote:
Due to an imminent kitchen refit, I was contemplating moving an oil-fired
Aga 1 foot to the left. It is currently on a small concrete plinth and the
flue goes directly from the top of the stove into the chimney breast.

Has anyone ever experienced moving one? I guess that they are quite heavy.

Should I get a professional in? If so, any idea how much it would cost?
How would I locate someone who could do it?

Physically moving the thing isn't the problem - it's having to hack
about the plinth/add to it, move the feed, and re-aligning the flue.
They are quite heavy, but you can slide them by the judicious
application of levers. I should get the man from Aga Rayburn to
have a look/give advice first of all. Somewhere local that sells
these things will be able to help.

J.B.