Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

If you do get a meter fitted (I wouldn't - it puts off future

housebuyers)

What's the evidence for this?

I think it was that guy on Channel 4's Selling Houses who said it.

That's not evidence though ...

I know
he can be a bit overbearing sometimes but he does seem to understand the
issues. Of course it depends on the people buying but I would imagine for
large families it is most likely to be an issue, less so with couples who
only shower.

When we were a large family (seven) we didn't have a water meter but did
have a gas and electricity meter so we bathed in the same water. We didn't
have a shower.

I'm still looking for a suitable grey water flushing system. Wanted one
since 1990 when I saw them used in Canada.

Do you mean the ones with the handbasin in the top of the cistern ?

No, they just didn't use ultra-purified water. I didn't think to ask where
it came from :-(

We should pay for what we use, water isn't free

Quite agree.

unless you collect it for yourself.

We have a spring and after filtering, storage, pumping and UV cleansing it
certainly isn't free :-)

Quite. But even if you live in a big city, like us, and use mains water, it
has to go through those systems. And, sadly, much of it is wasted.

Mary