Mike

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

If you do get a meter fitted (I wouldn't - it puts off future

housebuyers)

What's the evidence for this?

I think it was that guy on Channel 4's Selling Houses who said it. I know
he can be a bit overbearing sometimes but he does seem to understand the
issues. Of course it depends on the people buying but I would imagine for
large families it is most likely to be an issue, less so with couples who
only shower.

I'm still looking for a suitable grey water flushing system. Wanted one
since 1990 when I saw them used in Canada.

Do you mean the ones with the handbasin in the top of the cistern ? Some
Italian companies have these though they aren't in their UK catalogues as we
are perceived to have more than enough water in the UK

We should pay for what we use, water isn't free

Quite agree.

unless you collect it for yourself.

We have a spring and after filtering, storage, pumping and UV cleansing it
certainly isn't free :-)