Tony Williams

In article ,
Paul \( Skiing8 \) wrote:

My other question I have is about what way the door should open.
The garage adjoins the house in a hallway, my preference would be
to have the door open into the garage because I won't be using
the garage for a car, it is more practical giving more room to
manouver in the hallway.... any ideas or suggestions? When I come
to sell the house will it make a difference?

We bought this house with a retrofitted door into the
attached garage. Apparently it is a Class 1 Firedoor
(or some such words), opening into the garage, with
self-closing chain thingy, and wire-reinforced glass
window. Looks quite ugly from the inside.

As soon as the insurance spotted a door into a garage
they required extra (lockable) security bolts on the
inside of the garage door.

Our next door neighbours did a similar thing, but changed
the garage door for a sliding patio door. That seemed to
avoid having to have a fire door.

--
Tony Williams.