Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

If you do get a meter fitted (I wouldn't - it puts off future housebuyers)

What's the evidence for this? It wouldn't put me off and houses seem to sell
with and without meters. I honestly don't think it's an issue. If it is
they're daft, we've saved a huge amount on wter bills - and of course water
itself (which was our intention) - since having a meter installed. We
wouldn't go back to unmetered water.

also install a green water system at the same time to use rainwater for
hoses and if possible flushing the loos.

That's an excellent idea. We collect roofwater for the garden, it's cheap
and simple.

I'm still looking for a suitable grey water flushing system. Wanted one
since 1990 when I saw them used in Canada.

We should pay for what we use, water isn't free - unless you collect it for
yourself. But using processed drinking water for anything other than
drinking is mad.

Mary